Skip to main content

Featured

Electro-Pop’s Poet of Pain: Me & Melancholy Releases ‘Tears In The Rain’

‘Tears In The Rain’  by  Me & Melancholy Whenever there’s a new release from Me & Melancholy , it fills us with anticipation. This time, the artist paints a compelling portrait of human vulnerability and the complexity of interpersonal relationships.  ‘Tears In The Rain’ succeeds in capturing the essence of ephemeral beauty and the pain of the inevitable, expressing it through music. The dynamics of estrangement, articulated in the lines ‘I’m not able to reach you ’ and ‘ the more I try, the further I push you away ’, reflect a tragic irony. It feels like a dance of approach and withdrawal, prompting listeners to contemplate the paradoxes that often occur in our most intimate relationships.  The artist’s signature melancholic tone conveys a plea for acceptance and an attempt to bridge the gap created by misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Musically, Peter Ehrling navigates familiar territory, once again leveraging it to his advantage by capturing the emotional depth.   ‘Tears

A story of unrequited love: "Lost Souls" by KJ Hand

KJ Hand

KJ Hand

Singer/songwriter KJ Hand began his musical career in the Midlands, heading up 'Indie folk darlings' Yeah Jazz. Their acclaimed debut E.P 'This is Not Love' shot up the charts with it's release back in the late 1980's. After singing to Cherry Red Records the band continued their success with their debut single 'Sharon' followed by their emblematic debut album 'Six Lane Ends'.
Hand's reputation for writing inspired melodies, depicting stories in song, took him and the band to perform venues and festivals across Europe.

kjhand.com     facebook.com     twitter     instagram     spotify

What or who was your inspiration for your release "Lost Souls"?

I don’t think last souls is inspired by anyone directly, it’s a story of unrequited love for someone left with low self esteem, having been damaged and mistreated. Then finally someone comes along who completely adores her, someone who wants to love and protect her in the hope that she will, in time, come to return his love.


When do you decide that a song is finished?

The song ends when the story’s been told.


If you take a look back, what are the differences to your first songs concerning songwriting?

KJ Hand, artist
I have always tried to write story based songs relating to things I see around me. Anything that moves me, people’s lives playing out largely unnoticed by the world around them. I rarely listen to my songs once completed because I’m my biggest critic.
I occasionally look back at some of my early songs and wish I had done things differently but I suppose you can only look at the situation through the eyes of the person you were then.



How would you describe the Indie Scene in the Midlands?

I think the Midlands, like any part of the country, has a wealth of great undiscovered talent. They may never enter mainstream music dominated by formulated pop songs, but that’s not really the point.


What advice would you give to your 16 year old self?

I’d say good luck mate. I’d let him know that most people are nice, be kind, try not to judge and always be the best person you can.


Let us know a former favorite song you can't listen to anymore?

KJ Hand, singer
That’s a good question. The punk music scene in the late 70s had a massive impact on me as a 16-year-old. In those days everything was very tribble, Punk was a lifestyle, you couldn’t possibly like any other genres. All your friends liked the same music as you. I’m much more eclectic these days. I’ve discovered there’s only two types of music “Good and bad”



What's next for you?

I’m going back into the studio in November to start work on new songs. In the meantime I’m concentrating on promoting Lost Souls to hopefully reach a wider audience.




Artists of the Week! - The Playlist