Skip to main content

Featured

NENE'S BUTLER INDIE TOP 40 - BEST OF INDIE! - 20.Apr.24

Nene's Butler Indie Top 40   1  At The Bottom - Carlos Ucedda   2  Naked Rabbit - Paul Dill   3  Fourteen Days - Acoustic - Stylusboy   4  The Chosen Few - Me & Melancholy   5  Firenight - Moon and Aries   6  Big Time - Rogue FX, Mayah Camara   7  Stranger - Close to Monday   8  2Paradise - My Friend The Chimpanzee   9  Feral Feeling - Modal Split 10  Schneeregen - Ines Wurst 11  Orange and Gray - S.J. Armstrong 12  Trouble - Grant Evans 13  The Time Is Now - John Garrison 14  California - Luke Tangerine, Matthew Mirliani 15  Geistertanz - Sebastian Sylla 16  Always/Never - Kallai NEW 17  Devenu Deux - Jagas NEW 18  Come to the Night - The Cöln NEW 19  Nervous Tendencies - Violetta 20  graublau - SCHRAMM 21  I've Loved You A Long Time - Matt Darin 22  Guillotine - Drella NEW 23  Black Wig - Ren Harvieu 24  Iron Eagle - CODE 150 NEW 25  Shit Show - Bonheur 26  Antystar - AT-XYA, James K, Enrico Demuro NEW 27  Wherever You Go - teté 28  You Don't Know Me - Cat Serrano NEW

A painful song, with dangerous emotions: "Distant Sound" by Oliver Mavilio

Oliver Mavilio

Distant Sound

Vor einigen Tagen warf Oliver Mavilio sein Debüt auf den Markt. Distant Sound nennt er das gute Stück und zeigt dabei seine Qualität als Singer and Songwriter. Beeinflusst von seinen Idolen aus vergangenen Tagen, begleiten ihn Johnny Cash und Nick Cave auf seinem dunklen Pfad. Songwriting als Bewältigung, als Reaktion auf das Leben. 
Das Leben selbst schreibt eben die besten Songs. Irgendwo zwischen Alternative Folk mit einem Hauch Post Punk funkelt dieser Diamant, welcher bei jedem Durchlauf mehr zu überzeugen weiß, in unterschiedlichsten Nuancen. 
Oliver Mavilio gelingt mit Distant Sound ein grandioses und zeitloses Debüt was uns auf alle Fälle neugierig auf das nächste Release macht.

spotify     bandcamp     instagram     soundcloud

Oliver Mavilio is...?

A songwriter from Norwich, primarily a guitarist but later adopted the role of singer. It's a love-hate style within a melancholy vortex that I can't seem to escape.


Who inspired you to make music in general?

I think the inspiration to make music came quite young, but the people that inspire me today are Nick Cave, Johnny Cash and Elvis. I don't listen to much else. Whether their style or mine cross, is something that is to be determined by the listener. I never intentionally set out to imitate something. Naturally things just fall into boxes I suppose.


What is in your opinion the most important part of a song?

The most important thing is that it's genuine. Never write a part or a line for anyone but yourself. I say and do exactly what I feel. I don't consider what people might actually want to hear, or what the trend is. That stuff is alien to me, I hope it stays that way. I think if I begin to fall down that hole of chasing an audience it will be time to hang up the microphone.


Do you remember your first ever self written song?

There have been so many, and so long ago. Many that have never been heard. I am extremely self critical, my own worst enemy. Nobody hates what I produce more than me. I may never listen to Distant Sound again, it's a painful song, with dangerous emotions attached to it.


What's the most important thing for you besides music?

Film is a close second, but really nothing is more important than music.


If you could choose one person to talk about music, who would it be?

I'd speak to the younger version of myself and say 'practice more'


What do you prefer, a live gig or a studio session?

I prefer the intensity of a live performance. I'm a very impatient person, so the recording side of things is not a good environment for me. The self critical side of me thrives in a studio, but I don't hear that voice when performing live. The stage provides relief.


What’s next for you?

Just try and get through another day, one at a time.

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist