Skip to main content

Featured

Behind the Hedges: ‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers

‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers With ‘Life in the Burbs,’ Bridgette and Peter (aka The Dream Chasers) unfold the full range of their artistic creation. They take us on a journey through the suburbs, which includes not only the visible hedges and houses but also the hidden longings and dreams of their inhabitants. With a mix of melancholic reflection and life-affirming euphoria, they paint a multi-layered portrait. The musical accompaniment is as diverse as the emotions of the residents. From indie pop melodies that capture the quiet of a Sunday morning to powerful indie rock chords that reveal the hidden wildness behind the manicured facades, The Dream Chasers offer a soundtrack that both soothes and challenges the listener. The catchy riff in ‘Life in the Burbs’ acts as a musical guide that immediately captivates the listeners and takes them on an acoustic journey through the complex emotions of suburban life. It is the artistry with which this riff captures the essence

A tribute: "Love will tear us apart" by BIAS

BIAS

BIAS

Gian Luca Biasini is a musician, producer and composer from Imola (BO). At the age of 6, driven by his father's passion, he took his first music lessons and from that moment he never stopped playing. From piano to drums, from guitar to percussion, passing through computer music, he listens to and plays every genre of music, with a predilection for Punk and Rap.
The BIAS music project was born, unknowingly, right during the 2020 lockdown, a period during which Gian Luca plays and writes a lot, but changing his approach in the creative process, both in terms of lyrics and music.
At the beginning of 2021 he opened the Bias Music channel on YouTube and SoundCloud, on which he uploads the remixes/covers he composes in the studio from the songs of his favorite artists including Rage Against the Machine, Joy Division, The Police, Slipknot and others. During the fall he also released a couple of unreleased songs, written during the lockdown, at which time he changed the channel's name to BIAS for good.

facebook     spotify     soundcloud     youtube     instagram


You are a musician, composer and producer, what do you love most?

I certainly prefer more the compositional and creative phase. Music for me is a means of conveying my emotions. Even with regard to the song "Love will tear us apart," I did not just do a simple cover of it, but completely twisted the original arrangement by interpreting Ian Curtis' words and translating them through my own sensibility.


"Love will tear us apart" is definitely a milestone in music, what was the reason to select this song for a release?

I grew up listening to Joy Division music through my father's records. This release is a tribute to one of the bands that most influenced my musical journey.


You give the song a great direction, an amazing new version respectively, how was the creative process and how was it to work with Lorenzo Montaxx Montanari?

Gian Luca Biasini
I wrote the first version of the song using the original Ian Curtis vocal track that I had downloaded from a site on the Internet (you can find this version on my YouTube channel). 
Then later I got to know Lorenzo and hearing him sing I thought he could give the song that touch of originality that I was really looking for, while still maintaining the original pathos. I proposed it to him and he accepted the collaboration. 
I also take advantage of this interview to thank Michele Suzzi, who mixed and mastered the song, managing to give the sound that depth I was looking for. It was great to collaborate with these people.


What's in your opinion the hardest part being an Indie artist?

Being an independent artist is definitely very challenging and requires a lot of time and dedication, however, I have the freedom to be able to express myself and make things exactly how I want. 
In the past I happened to work with record labels and industry professionals, but when various people collaborate, each with their own ideas and vision for the project, it is not always easy to find a working and artistic harmony.


You are from Imola, how would you describe the music scene there?

All of Italy, and therefore also Bologna (the closest reference city to where I live) have a great musical and artistic tradition, both mainstream and underground. Certainly today compared to 20 years ago there are far fewer live music venues and it is difficult for an artist making original music to find dates.


What are your Top3 songs at the moment?

I am listening to everything these days, but if I really have to tell you the 3 songs I have on loop then they are: 
Out Of Sync (by Choke); 
Jackpot (by MST); 
Quasar (by Regata).


What's your most useful talent besides music?

I don't really know 😅


What’s next for you?

I will be releasing new singles in the coming months. I am working on both original tracks and reworked tracks. Stay tuned

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist