Skip to main content

Featured

Behind the Hedges: ‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers

‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers With ‘Life in the Burbs,’ Bridgette and Peter (aka The Dream Chasers) unfold the full range of their artistic creation. They take us on a journey through the suburbs, which includes not only the visible hedges and houses but also the hidden longings and dreams of their inhabitants. With a mix of melancholic reflection and life-affirming euphoria, they paint a multi-layered portrait. The musical accompaniment is as diverse as the emotions of the residents. From indie pop melodies that capture the quiet of a Sunday morning to powerful indie rock chords that reveal the hidden wildness behind the manicured facades, The Dream Chasers offer a soundtrack that both soothes and challenges the listener. The catchy riff in ‘Life in the Burbs’ acts as a musical guide that immediately captivates the listeners and takes them on an acoustic journey through the complex emotions of suburban life. It is the artistry with which this riff captures the essence

The aspects of a financial metropolis: "White Collar" by Vikowski

Vikowski

Vikowski

Minimal and often wrapped by a gloomy and nostalgic aura, Vikowski's music features a songwriting with strong new wave influences, that finds clear references in artists such as Nick Cave, The National, Interpol, Depeche Mode and Radiohead.

facebook     soundcloud     bandcamp     spotify     instagram     youtube


Who is the "human" behind the artist "Vikowski"?

My name is Vincenzo Coppeta and I started making music as Vikowski in 2015 after my previous band split. I'm from Naples, south of Italy, but live in Milan. Some songs from my second album, The Long Run, were inspired by the not-unusual fate-for-someone-from-the-South of moving North, in particular The Great North and Compromise.


What was your inspiration for your impressive new release "White Collar"?

First of all, thank you! With White Collars I wanted to depict one of the aspects of a financial metropolis, such as Milan, a fast and result-driven city, where people all dressed up in suits walk as fast as possible, going everywhere and nowhere, hunting for the opportunity to boost their career. I tried to express this dynamism in the structure and arrangement of the song.


What's in your opinion the hardest part of "finishing a song"?

I use to write songs helped by a piano or a guitar. To me the hardest part is to find the right path for the song, the sound, the arrangement, the right instruments to use in order to better express what I felt when I wrote it.


The song is definitely influenced by New Wave, what are your favorite New Wave artists?

Joy Division, New Order, Depeche Mode, Tears for Fear, The Cure...


Any chance to see you somewhere live on stage?

Yes, I'm just about to be on tour: this week I'll be in Serbia from the 2nd to the 6th. Then Berlin on the 17th and Poznan/Warsaw (PL) the days after. There'll be a second leg of the tour in the beginning of 2023.
You can all be updated on my tour dates by following my social pages :)


What's your favorite song at the moment?

Meds by Idles is surely a song I am playing on repeat lately


The Year is nearly over, who was the most impressive artist for you?

Fontaines DC


What's next for you?

After this tour I will be back in the studio working on my new record. There might be some new singles in 2023 and another tour before the 3rd album will be released.

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist