Skip to main content

Featured

Behind the Hedges: ‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers

‘Life in the Burbs’ by The Dream Chasers With ‘Life in the Burbs,’ Bridgette and Peter (aka The Dream Chasers) unfold the full range of their artistic creation. They take us on a journey through the suburbs, which includes not only the visible hedges and houses but also the hidden longings and dreams of their inhabitants. With a mix of melancholic reflection and life-affirming euphoria, they paint a multi-layered portrait. The musical accompaniment is as diverse as the emotions of the residents. From indie pop melodies that capture the quiet of a Sunday morning to powerful indie rock chords that reveal the hidden wildness behind the manicured facades, The Dream Chasers offer a soundtrack that both soothes and challenges the listener. The catchy riff in ‘Life in the Burbs’ acts as a musical guide that immediately captivates the listeners and takes them on an acoustic journey through the complex emotions of suburban life. It is the artistry with which this riff captures the essence

#OUTNOW: "No sweet dreams" by Arn-Identified Flying Objects and Alien Friends

Arn-Identified Flying Objects and Alien Friends

During 2021 ARN-IDENTIFIED FLYING OBJECTS AND ALIEN FRIENDS has released a string of singles and a double album. The latter, co-produced by legendary David Myhr (from the Merrymakers) brings together elements of power pop, folk and indie rock, but although many of the songs might be rooted in musical soil of the sixties and the seventies, there’s no nostalgia here. 
The lyrics are heartfelt and poetic, sometimes ironic, but contemporary and always honest. A big group of musicians have contributed on the project. Apart from multitalented David Myhr who plays several instruments on many tracks – and shares lead vocals on some of them - the friends in REDMOON must be mentioned: Daniel Lagerlöf, Åke Lindgren and Johan Lundström.


Who is the human behind the artist/the project "Arn-Identified Flying Objects and Alien Friends" and how did you get into music?

I've loved music for as long as I can remember - who doesn't? I get kind of nervous when I meet people who don't! - I've played in different bands from my early teens. Before I embarked on this solo project I played guitar (not the lead, haha!) and did some singing in Swedish band Redmoon for about ten years. 
I think we had some fine years! We did some recordings I still find rather good, though my feeling is that we were better live than on record. I really liked being a part of a band, and not having to be in centre of attention. So “going solo” after all these years is quite frightening.


"No sweet dreams" sounds great, what's the story behind the song?

Not exactly autobiographical, the song still emerged from worries about health among my loved ones. Than the song developed in another direction in the process – and became something of a story


How do you decide that a song is ready for a release?

You come to a point when the changes and alterations you try to make doesn’t lead to the approvements you aim for. It this point, you simply have to let it go. This doesn’t mean that you’re satisfied with the final result. But you seldom are.


Who would you most like to collaborate with?

Actually the people I sometimes work with! David Myhr (of the Merrymakers) who actually co-produced with. My old mates in Redmoon. To name but a few.


What was in your opinion the last big surprise in music history/industry?

I tend to regard the late sixties as the big turning point in music history (if we’re talking about rock music). I wasn’t there myself, but it seems the many of the genres we listen to today were forged there: Power pop, rock, soul, funk, prog etc


Right now, in this second, what are your "All time top 3 Songs"?

Right now? Well, here you go:
Townes van Zandt: Quicksilver daydreams of Maria
Bill Fay: Planet Earth Daytime
The Smiths: There is a light that never goes out


How would you describe the music scene in Stockholm?

I can’t! But a brand-new song I’ve listened to a lot is “Ordinary Man” by Mother James. Stefan Petersson is a fine singer. And he also shares lead with me on the flipside of No Sweet Dreams. Btw.


Any chance to see you somewhere live on stage?

I’d love to, but right now I’m in the process of recording and mixing, collaborating with different people (and not ONE band). But who knows?


...and last but not least what's next for you?

The plan is to release new full length-album this spring or summer. I’ve got some twelve songs mostly recorded, but a lot of mixing remains.

SUNSAY - "Enough Is Enough"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist