Skip to main content

Featured

Caught Between Reality and Reverie: “Woman in the Window” by Elizabeth Cuite

“Woman in the Window” by Elizabeth Cuite “Woman in the Window” emerges like a delicate mist, its tendrils weaving through the listener’s senses. In the quietude of indie-folk, Elizabeth Cuite’s artistry blooms, inspired by the shadows of unfulfilled promises and the ache of longing. Each note is a dab of color on a canvas of emotions, and the resulting work is both haunting and exquisite.  The guitar strings resonate like whispered secrets, and Cuite’s voice, clear yet imbued with vulnerability, paints vivid scenes. The musical arrangement moves with delicate precision, honoring the essence of the story. The gentle plucking of the acoustic guitar echoes softly, akin to the sound of steps traversing an old wooden floor. Cuite’s poetic prowess writes tales of missed opportunities, of paths not taken, and of love that lingers like a half-remembered melody. Her words are fragile, yet they carry entire musical universes within.  Elizabeth Cuite blends indie-pop nuances with folk, creatin

... don't look back: "Who are you" by Meri

Meri

Meri

... was born in the UK but raised in Tuscany, Italy. She is best known for her timeless voice and passion for the acoustic guitar. Her genres include folk, pop, and soul. With her songs, she expresses emotions rooted in her experiences, and her voice and guitar energy make her an extremely powerful songwriter

instagram     youtube     spotify     twitter


Your latest release "Who are you", sounds great, what's the story behind the song, what or who was your inspiration?

"Who Are You" was initially written for a movie, soon to be released late 2023. The movie is about someone losing her father and boyfriend the same year, so she decides to leave her hometown and live in the car for a while and travel. 
It got me thinking regard how we stick to the past most of the time because it is hard to go further and not knowing what is next care scare you. We constantly ask ourselves who we are in able to understand or to reflect on what has been done, however we don't have to look back to yesterday, there's no point. IT'S YESTERDAY.


Am I right, if I say, you only need your guitar to start writing a song?

... you are right, I always start writing my song with the guitar! I do come out with some lyrics and an idea of where I would like to take the song. Other times I play around with some chords and something comes out.


I have read, "Suzi Quatro meets Richie Havens", are both on your list of fav musicians or in other words what are your favorite musicians and if you could choose one for a collaboration, who would it be?

This was a quote I used from a review someone made after watching one of my performance. I am a huge fan of Ben Howard that's my dream to be collaboration! But hey, I'm open to collaborate with anyone, I just love sharing the passion.


From "Stand up"(2019) to "Who are you"(2023), what three songs of yours would you recommend to our readers to get a good overview of your music?

"Stand up" was my first release, so it's always going to be the one I'll remember the most because of the effort and so much time I put on it. However, stand up was just the beginning and I am very pleased of the evolution of my songwriting and I hope my songs will always get better in able to improve and reach out to a wider audience.


... and finally, any chance to see you somewhere live on stage?

Grab your tickets from whoever is from Gothenburg I will be in Sweden performing for Sofar sounds on the 25th of April. On the 30th I will be in Italy supporting an amazing local band called "matti delle giuncaie" in Tuscany San Carlo buskers festival. You can follow my socials @meri_official__ for the rest of the dates.

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist