Skip to main content

Featured

Electro-Pop’s Poet of Pain: Me & Melancholy Releases ‘Tears In The Rain’

‘Tears In The Rain’  by  Me & Melancholy Whenever there’s a new release from Me & Melancholy , it fills us with anticipation. This time, the artist paints a compelling portrait of human vulnerability and the complexity of interpersonal relationships.  ‘Tears In The Rain’ succeeds in capturing the essence of ephemeral beauty and the pain of the inevitable, expressing it through music. The dynamics of estrangement, articulated in the lines ‘I’m not able to reach you ’ and ‘ the more I try, the further I push you away ’, reflect a tragic irony. It feels like a dance of approach and withdrawal, prompting listeners to contemplate the paradoxes that often occur in our most intimate relationships.  The artist’s signature melancholic tone conveys a plea for acceptance and an attempt to bridge the gap created by misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Musically, Peter Ehrling navigates familiar territory, once again leveraging it to his advantage by capturing the emotional depth.   ‘Tears

An Indie-Electro Pop/Rock child of the post-everything age: "Flux feat. Kat Harrison" by Wuzy Bambussy

Wuzy Bambussy

Wuzy Bambussy

...is the alter ego of songwriter, producer & multi-instrumentalist Nikolai Jones. Based in the beating heart of Englands' West country, Jones and his rag tag host of accomplices fire up an eclectic, beatific soundtrack of jazzy vibes, encompassing funk, folk, indie rock & electronica
As of March 2023 Bambussy and Bristolian chanteuse Kat Harrison are releasing a single every month for the remainder of the yearA supreme collection of dreamy jazzy alt-pop, indie rock and percussive feel good grooves. All perfectly anchored by Harrisons' breathy mezzo-soprano and featuring a wealth of orchestral and brass instrumentation throughout. First single 2 Miles High made the BBC introducing mixtape in April 2023.

facebook     bandcamp     spotify     instagram

Who are the artists behind "Wuzy Bambussy"?

Hi Wolf! Firstly thanks for having us here! Wuzy Bambussy is generally the banner under which I produce & write music, he’s sort of like my Mr Hyde, my schizophrenic other half, my Hulk. He’s a bad influence on me really and I should probably get him seen to by a professional, or an exorcist. 
Currently Bambussy has surrounded himself with talented lovelies such as vocalist Kat Harrison and guitarist Iggy Deverall, both have been ever presents on this collection of songs, along with other marvellous guest musicians who have contributed brass & strings.


Your 2nd single "Flux" sounds awesome, finest Indie Pop/Rock touched by Electro, what or who was your inspiration, what's the story?

Wuzy BambussyThanks that’s kind of you to say! So with ‘Flux’ the strings part came first. That melody was floating about for some time and I’ve stuck various grooves underneath it. It’s actually the 2nd time I’ve had a violinist record the part as Bambussy managed to leave the original computer files on a night train in Eastern Europe after a vodka drinking competition. 
The melody has always haunted so I was compelled to record it again and this time the groove I was happier with so it was all for the best. Lyrically ‘Flux’ just is kind of a despairing for humanity, of how we allow the greedy, violent sociopaths to rise to prominence unchecked, and how heartbreaking it is to see the carnage they inflict on our world & ecosystem.


The vocals of Kat Harrison are amazing, how did you find each other or in other words how did this collaboration start?

She’s a star huh! I found her on a musicians hook up site. It was during an interminable lock down. I needed to find a new singer to begin a new dawn as my previous band had reached stagnation and the slow death that comes with that. I began to write for Kat as she said she didn’t feel comfortable writing lyrics, I attempted to write from a female perspective, to try and capture subjects and emotions that I thought she would care about. All previous bands have always been male - total sausage-fests. So to work with a female artist has been a really refreshing and liberating dynamic.


"Flux" has that special something, could you please let us know more about your creative process?

Really each song is different, some begin with a line of lyric, some with a beat, some a riff or piano hook. So there’s always some spark that will jolt me into reaching for my phone to record and hum a melody or beatbox a groove. 
Then a few days or weeks later I’ll listen back and judge the ideas, I’ll pick what I think is the strongest and look to build on it from there, I’ll record mainly in midi to start - trying to judge the optimum tempo, then only when I’m happy with the parts will I start replacing the midi, adding live instrumentation like hi hats, snares, percussion etc, for me it’s better to have that mix of organic and electronic. It gives songs life.


I have read "... a single every month...", are these songs already finished or are you still working on these upcoming releases?

Wuzy Bambussy, Indie Artist
Yes there’s 10 songs completed and mastered for this cycle of the project, they’re being released monthly throughout 2023, There’s another 17 songs in varying stages of completion for release in 2024 and beyond! 
Even within these 10 songs the styles are fairly broad. Kat is the unifying theme that ties them together. Although there is one instrumental called ‘Night Thinking’ which is like DJ Shadow jamming with a Salvation Army band in a New York Police precinct on Christmas Eve. That’s really the only way I can describe it. The next single up is called ‘Uncharted’ that drops on the 31st of May.


What's in your opinion the best thing about "being Indie"?

Freedom. Complete creative control. Autonomy. I’ve always been self employed, I struggle with authority and being told what or what not to do. It suits me currently working the way I am. I ain’t no fame hungry desperado, this business has enough of those. I have all the tools I need to write record and release music, the only thing holding me back is me!


.. and finally, is there any chance to see "Wuzy Bambussy" live on stage?

Sure, maybe? If and when the time is right and the machination is in place. I’ve played enough shows to know what I don’t want to be playing, if this ever reaches a level where it’s impossible not to gig then I’ll look at it then. Right now I just need to write, record, release & promote. Ok, thank you for indulging me Wolf, you’re a good man. Bambussy out! X


Artists of the Week! - The Playlist