Skip to main content

Featured

Caught Between Reality and Reverie: “Woman in the Window” by Elizabeth Cuite

“Woman in the Window” by Elizabeth Cuite “Woman in the Window” emerges like a delicate mist, its tendrils weaving through the listener’s senses. In the quietude of indie-folk, Elizabeth Cuite’s artistry blooms, inspired by the shadows of unfulfilled promises and the ache of longing. Each note is a dab of color on a canvas of emotions, and the resulting work is both haunting and exquisite.  The guitar strings resonate like whispered secrets, and Cuite’s voice, clear yet imbued with vulnerability, paints vivid scenes. The musical arrangement moves with delicate precision, honoring the essence of the story. The gentle plucking of the acoustic guitar echoes softly, akin to the sound of steps traversing an old wooden floor. Cuite’s poetic prowess writes tales of missed opportunities, of paths not taken, and of love that lingers like a half-remembered melody. Her words are fragile, yet they carry entire musical universes within.  Elizabeth Cuite blends indie-pop nuances with folk, creatin

A ride through synthwave and synthpop: “Peace of Silence” by Tom Major

Tom Major

...is a passionate musician who began his journey with a guitar and then explored the world of electronic music production inspired by David Guetta. He creates his own original songs using various techniques and sounds
He loves to transport his listeners to another dimension and express his feelings through his music. With seven impressive tracks under his belt, such as Peace of silence, Mind the stars, Alright,… Tom Major has no plans of slowing down. He will be releasing new synthwave and synthpop tunes this year that will make us groove.

spotify     instagram     youtube

How did you discover your passion for music and what is the story behind your artistic identity as Tom Major or in other words how would you describe yourself?

I have been passionate about music since my childhood. It was when I saw David Guetta make a song with his computer that I realized what I wanted to do in my life. Tom Major is a nod to David Bowie’s character “Major Tom”. I like the idea of this astronaut alone in space, contemplating the world. I create my music with the goal of escaping myself and making listeners escape.


Your new single, “Peace of Silence”, is a captivating blend of synthpop and synthwave. How did you develop your artistic vision for it?

I combine the elements of synthwave/synthpop and I try to infuse them with my personality. I add a nostalgic musicality and a singer who conveys emotion.


“Peace of Silence” has that 80s touch. What do you think makes this decade of music so special?

To me, the 80’s are culturally rich. It’s an artistic crossroads where many genres have emerged. Not just musical ones. And I think the mix of genres is the most interesting aspect.


What does your creative process look like and what do you do when you get stuck in your creativity?

I don’t have a fixed creative process. Sometimes I have a bassline in my head or I discover an arpeggio on my keyboard and I start from there. When I lack creativity, I ride my bicycle with my son. I clear my mind.


If you had the chance to collaborate with an artist of your choice, who would it be?

Daft Punk, to me, they are legends. So smart in their music and in their artistic direction.


What do you think about the role and influence of social media in the music industry?

I think that’s beneficial for the artists. We can reach more people even if we come from nowhere and without having any connections. (When we understand how social media works.)


And finally, what are some of the projects or plans that you have in mind for the near future?

I’m already happy to create my music and share it with people. But of course if I can reach more people and collaborate with some artists, that would be awesome.

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist