Skip to main content

Featured

Electro-Pop’s Poet of Pain: Me & Melancholy Releases ‘Tears In The Rain’

‘Tears In The Rain’  by  Me & Melancholy Whenever there’s a new release from Me & Melancholy , it fills us with anticipation. This time, the artist paints a compelling portrait of human vulnerability and the complexity of interpersonal relationships.  ‘Tears In The Rain’ succeeds in capturing the essence of ephemeral beauty and the pain of the inevitable, expressing it through music. The dynamics of estrangement, articulated in the lines ‘I’m not able to reach you ’ and ‘ the more I try, the further I push you away ’, reflect a tragic irony. It feels like a dance of approach and withdrawal, prompting listeners to contemplate the paradoxes that often occur in our most intimate relationships.  The artist’s signature melancholic tone conveys a plea for acceptance and an attempt to bridge the gap created by misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Musically, Peter Ehrling navigates familiar territory, once again leveraging it to his advantage by capturing the emotional depth.   ‘Tears

Alessiah opens up about her new single “On My Way” and the meaning behind it!

Alessiah

Alessiah

...is one of the most promising and talented artists of the new generation, with potential in both composition and visual aspects of the tracks she releases. She is fully committed to music and continuously evolves by learning something new every day, in order to become the best version of herself. Her music career is on the rise.


How did you get into music and what are some of the main influences or inspirations for your music?

I got into music when I was very young, at the age of seven to be precise. It was my mother’s doing, she recognized my passion for music and wrote me up for lessons at a music school where I learnt lots of things, I then continued with a particular music teacher, as long as a guitar one. 
If I was to say what some of the main influences for my music are, it would be my way of perceiving life. In my songs, when I write them, I love to talk about life situations that I have seen , more over, even lived myself.


What's the story behind your latest release "On my way"?

Alessiah, Romania
“On my way” is the latest single I’ve released. Sadly, I am always very interested in writing my own lyrics. But, when a good song like this comes, you can’t refuse it! The lyrics are written by Reuben Hester. After a few talks with him, I understood the song is about a love which stopped working, and I’m “On my way” to heal. 
You can find these lyrics in the song saying “You’ll walk this road alone”, meaning I’m letting the other person know that I will not be part of them anymore. The song is about a breakup which leaves the two alone, on their own, different roads.


What is your typical workflow as a musician when creating music?

My typical workflow as a musician when creating music can differ from song to song. Usually, I receive an instrumental and I write based on it. But, I could also receive an already written song, which if I like, I record. My favorite way is definitely writing it from scratch, it doesn’t take me that long to write lyrics. I enjoy it and whenever I know I need to do it they just naturally come in my head.


How do you approach writing lyrics for your songs?

As I said before, writing lyrics comes natural to me. It’s usually a very fast process, the song always gives my mind a vibe, something to hold on to. I create an idea in my head, and the words automatically form in my mind.


What do you think about the role and influence of social media in the music industry and in your career?

Alessiah, Artist
Social media, to me, and to artists, became the most important promoting technique. The influence it has is astronomical, I think I barely saw any people buying vinyl cds, magazines or “old media” in general. I find it very damaging, most artists don’t even promote albums anymore. Everybody realeases singles, waiting for one of them to blow up. Just like Beyoncé said in an interview long time ago, people do not promote a full work of music, a story said through well thought and complex songs. 
Everyone wants to consume everything so fast, to keep themselves entertained without putting that much effort into looking for true meaning, true understanding of the work behind every release. Social media ruins the perception of work, it makes everything look easy, and can crush dreams. 
I remember that two years ago I thought to myself “Why did they make it so easily, over night, and I didn’t?” Then, I realized everything is just an image created to trick everyone. In my career, I always insist on promoting the people behind me as well, my team, and I always mention the work we put into each launching.


If you had the chance to collaborate with an artist of your choice, who would it be?

Alessiah, Electro Pop
I get asked frequently about who I would collab with if I could chose. And this answer has been both hard and easy to answer. That’s because I am open to many collaborations, music is an art. The more you create, the more creative you get, the more experience you gain. I love so many artists, their different styles and way of work. Any collaboration, also if the song doesn’t even surface, it’s still an experience. Of course I have favorite artists, like The weeknd, Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar and so many others, but any collaboration is welcomed.


How do you cope with the pressure or stress of being a musician?

Being a musician comes with some struggles, I may not hide behind them. There is a lot of pressure, I want to succed and for people to hear and relate to music. When I say succed, I don’t mean money and fame, I mean appreciation for my music in general, I want it to make people feel something. 
Happily, I don’t let hate get to me, I never feel let down by bad comments. I am so caught up in my work, that I hardly ever feel the pressure. But sometimes , just sometimes, it gets me too. However, I manage to contain all the thoughts on my process on a positive note.

What are some of the goals or dreams that you have as an artist?

My biggest goal or dream would be for me to make listeners relate to my music, I want them to feel it, and to feel it good. As long as people support my work, I’m happy. And I am going to keep on working as hard as I can, for more people to reach my music. I want to grow, and to talk about even more touchy subjects, but when I will feel the time has come. Right now I’ll keep my ideas to myself, can’t spoil the fun.

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist