Skip to main content

Featured

Electro-Pop’s Poet of Pain: Me & Melancholy Releases ‘Tears In The Rain’

‘Tears In The Rain’  by  Me & Melancholy Whenever there’s a new release from Me & Melancholy , it fills us with anticipation. This time, the artist paints a compelling portrait of human vulnerability and the complexity of interpersonal relationships.  ‘Tears In The Rain’ succeeds in capturing the essence of ephemeral beauty and the pain of the inevitable, expressing it through music. The dynamics of estrangement, articulated in the lines ‘I’m not able to reach you ’ and ‘ the more I try, the further I push you away ’, reflect a tragic irony. It feels like a dance of approach and withdrawal, prompting listeners to contemplate the paradoxes that often occur in our most intimate relationships.  The artist’s signature melancholic tone conveys a plea for acceptance and an attempt to bridge the gap created by misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Musically, Peter Ehrling navigates familiar territory, once again leveraging it to his advantage by capturing the emotional depth.   ‘Tears

A love song to Alabama: "To Alabama (Campfire Mix)" by Sarah Lake

Sarah Lake

... is a star who shone on American Idol and dazzled the music world with her versatile voice. She found love in NYC with a Grammy-nominated producer (Ernie Lake, her husband) and became a proud mom of two. She never stopped chasing her dreams and released songs and EPs that topped the charts and won the hearts of millions. She worked with famous artists like Moriah Formica, Betty Cantrell, and Reba McEntire and explored her Americana/Folk side. Her songs are catchy, honest, and soulful. She is SARAH LAKE, and she is here to stay.


How did your passion for music begin and what are the main influences behind your musical style and identity?

I have always loved music have been singing, and performing since a very young age. Singing has always brought me a lot of joy, and I always felt that it was some thing that came from my soul, some thing special that I have been given. My influences are the the people I love, my life experiences and storytelling. I enjoy playing with different instrumentation and soundscapes in the indie country genre and I’m influenced by a range of artists in the country, folk and Americana genre.

What was the inspiration behind your release, “To Alabama” and what’s the story behind it?

It’s really a love song to Alabama. Since my move to Nashville her father and brother tragically passed away and it has been a hard time for her and her family. Looking for a place to find rest and a break from our busy lives; our family was able to find a beautiful, simple property in the countryside of Alabama to escape to. It has been a place where we find peace and rest. The song came very easily and naturally to myself and Everette as we wrote an honest lyric with a heartfelt soulful melody.

How do you approach the process of writing, composing, and producing your music?

I have a constant list of notes, running in my phone for song, ideas and titles. I also keep Voice Memos of melodic ideas. Being a Nashville, I’m able to cowrite and collaborate with some of the best writers and artists in the world.
We are lucky enough to have a home studio so my husband and I work on music daily. It’s a very organic process as we flush out ideas and soundscapes.

Nowadays songs tend to have a playtime of 2 minutes, do you think that’s enough to “tell the story”?

It all depends on the song. If you are able to give the listeners enough information to tell the story then yes. I believe music should just be expressed, as it is meant to be with no timeline.

Do you have any plans to perform live on stage in the near future?

Yes, I have a show coming up and Nashville at the eighth room September 9 7 PM! I will also be performing at the Porchfest in Franklin Tennessee September 30.

What are some of the challenges that you face as a musician in the current music industry?

There are many challenges that artists and writers face. as an indie, we have to wear a lot of different hats. I try to focus on the Creative side since that is where my passion is. Otherwise, I get distracted by the other components of the business. Although I enjoy connecting with my fans through social media!

How do you use social media to connect with your fans and grow your audience?

I’m always creating content and posting and interacting with my fans! It’s a great way to see which songs are really connecting.

What are your goals for the future?

I look forward to continue writing for myself, and other artists here in Nashville, and being a part of this beautiful community. I have some exciting new music coming out for 2024 and performances lined up!

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist