Skip to main content

Featured

Transient Echoes: Adeline V. Lopez Captures the Art of Memory in ‘Fleeting Moments’

"Fleeting Moments" by  Adeline V. Lopez In the whirlwind of life's ceaseless dance, amidst the glitter and the gloom, there's a voice, a melody, a chant, it's Adeline V. Lopez crooning the tune of "Fleeting Moments." It's a waltz, but not just any waltz, it's a waltz that spins you through the cosmos, past the stars of mystery and the nebulas of glamour. With every strum, every note, she weaves ethereal harmonies that hang in the air like mist in the dawn. Her lyrics are like scenes from a film never shot, a script penned by the hands of fate, capturing those ephemeral sparks of life, those split-second snapshots where everything is crystal clear, and you're floating in a bubble of calm. And they slip through our fingers, like sand in the wind, like whispers in the night. Adeline knows it, feels it, sings it.  Her song is a collage of memories, a reflection on the loves and the losses, the hellos and the goodbyes . It's a rumination, a

Andrew Adkins rocks the airwaves with "No Hesitation Wounds", a dark and catchy Indie Rock Gem!

Andrew Adkins

"No Hesitation Wounds" by Andrew Adkins

"No Hesitation Wounds", the latest sonic blast from Andrew Adkins, has just hit the airwaves. This is Indie Rock at its finest, where David Bowie meets Marc Bolan and sparks fly in Andrew Adkin’s explosive style. 
The song captures the contrast between the lyrics’ despair and the music’s urgency, delivering a powerful message with no holds barred. But despite the dark mood, the catchy groove, the memorable vocals, and the upbeat tempo will make you want to dance along till the end.


Andrew, thank you so much for your time and it’s great to see you again. I would say Andrew Adkins is back with a bang. Your new release “No Hesitation Wounds” sounds brilliant. It’s like early Bowie meets T.Rex. What or who inspired you? 

Great insight! I am definitely influenced by both of those artists! Bowie and Marc Bolan are both heroes of mine for sure! I am influenced by so much and by so many things. Musically, I'm all over the place; old country, classic hip-hop, older rock, 70s punk, classical, Delta blues, electronic music, synth pop, jazz, folk, anything experimental, and odd.


You told us last time that your creative process is always different. How did it go this time? 

Quite different, actually. For starters, I have stopped drinking since our last conversation. That seemed to make a giant difference, both creatively and when working in the studio. My ears and perception seemed to be a bit sharper. This is the first time, basically in my adult life, that I have been without the influence of alcohol, so things tended to connect with me more on many different levels this time around.


You sing about your ongoing battle with anxiety on the new song. Do you think that people who don’t struggle with anxiety can’t imagine what it’s like?

Singing and writing about anxiety has been a running thread in my last album and throughout this song, for sure! I think everyone battles with anxiety on some level or form. The last several years, anxiety has been quite debilitating for me. Like so many others, I assumed that alcohol was helping me deal with it. In my last year of drinking, I came to realize it was actually exacerbating the situation! So, since I've been sober, it has subsided to a certain point. As far as people relating to the song, we all have moments dealing with those things - socially, mentally, and so on. 
My social anxiety put an end to my live shows and touring over the last few years. I still struggle with going out and attending social functions, shows, parties, and whatnot. I think the song touches on that, and I'm confident that many can empathize and relate to not wanting to be in a certain place they feel out of sorts in.


If you look back on your catalog, what three songs of yours would you recommend to our readers as a “must listen of Andrew Adkins”? 

Hmm..that's a great question. I would have to say "I'm Indestructible" for sure. That is the first song that I saw any significant success from, and it still helps pay my bills and keep my power on! 
"Satellite Mind", because it's a rocking tune, and I think is a good representation of my sound, especially lately. Finally, I'd probably say, "Bitter Pills" (from 2020's The Echoist). I feel that is the closest thing in my catalog that could serve as a quick elevator pitch of my sound and style to someone. It has a lot of the elements that I have come to be known for, I believe.


What are some of the challenges that you face as a musician in the current music industry? 

I am still adapting to the whole social media thing, or at least doing it wisely as an artist. If it's not obvious already, I am not a fan of thrusting myself into the spotlight. I don't like or take selfies, really. I do not prefer to talk about myself or what I do. All of those things, of which I am very aware, are career suicide for someone like me. I fell in love with playing, writing, and listening to music in a very different era. 
So, basically, all of the things that I started doing music for are practically dead or dying out. I choose to continue because I'm already here! If I started a new career now, considering all the time that I've already put into it, I would have to flip burgers or stock grocery shelves at this point! 
I love the music business, but I loathe the music industry. I'm very content to exist at this weird, underground level that I've grown accustomed to. I just want to continue to pay my bills and remain comfortable doing what I love to do. That being said, I'll play ball, but I prefer to do it on my own terms, or at least on somewhat agreeable terms.


Do you still remember the first song you ever wrote? 

Not specifically, but I do remember as a kid I would always make up little lines and sing over and over. Basically, to entertain myself. Which is not really unlike what I still do! It's slightly more sophisticated now (slightly!), but it serves the same purpose and makes me money this time around.


What do you have planned for the near future? 

My new EP comes out on September 8. It's called Birdcage Boy. It's six new songs. It is pretty much a teaser or sampler of a full album that I plan on releasing in the early part of 2024. I have been working on it off and on since the Spring. That will be 10–12 more new songs. I'm incredibly excited to put both collections of music out! 
I feel that this is the music that I have always strived for. I know that's such a cliche thing to say, but I feel really strongly about that statement! I think throughout all of my old bands, all of my solo endeavors, the new songs that I'm going to release on Birdcage Boy and the upcoming album are the songs that I have always dreamed of writing and recording. 
I'm finally getting a chance to tap into it and put it out! After that, I will not be putting out anything new for a while, at least as "Andrew Adkins." I want to focus all of my energies on doing scores, TV and film music, and cues. I have dabbled in that field over the past several years. I love it! I could definitely see myself doing that for the rest of my life! Composing and scoring are greatly fulfilling for me. It's still writing and performing music, but in a totally different realm and area. So, the upcoming EP and next LP might be the last of their kind that I will be putting out for a while.

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist