Featured

Indie
Pop
New Wave
Synth Pop
Electronic
NenesButler

A Triumph of Art Pop and Emotional Depth: ‘Five Senses’ by Carlos Ucedda

‘Five Senses’ by Carlos Ucedda

Passion meets deep emotions and takes form in art pop. Carlos Ucedda's latest release, ‘Five Senses’, exudes its avant-garde magic, blending a captivating atmosphere with the gravity of life.  
(c) by the artist (Carlos Ucedda)
Through this song, Carlos manages to make listeners recognize their own inner struggles. ‘Five Senses’ illustrates these battles and the journey of overcoming fears and doubts. The lyrical ego confronts doubts and fears, emphasizing the need to remain calm to surmount these challenges. 
It highlights the limited power of the ego against the profound wisdom of the soul, the possibility of progressing despite hopelessness, and the notion that boundless creativity leads to enlightenment and inexhaustible inspiration. 
As mentioned earlier, the musical backdrop is a blend of artful vocals and a masterfully orchestrated atmosphere that not only engages the senses but also invigorates them. With ‘Five Senses’, Carlos Ucedda opens another chapter in the art of contemporary music, delivering a song that truly gets under your skin.



Hello Carlos, it's great to have you back. Your new song not only has a fantastic atmosphere, but also remarkable lyrics. Who or what inspired you this time?

Hello 👋🏻 always delighted :-) Thank you very much, I appreciate it very much 🙏🏻 🎶🎼.
As I have detailed on occasion, my lyrics are usually part of me, part of my experiences or my close environment. The inspiration came from something that happened a while ago, but always seeing the positive side, and leaving people's egos behind.

Your song ‘Five Senses’ is about overcoming fears and doubts. How do you manage to overcome them when they arise in your life?

(c) by the artist (Carlos Ucedda)
Well, as we say here in Spain (we take the bull by the horns) that is, you face the problem with confidence and dealing with the issue as best as possible depending on what it is. Paving the way with positivity and strength. Leaving aside the negative part and without any constructive value.

If you compare Carlos as a teenager with who you are today, how would you describe your personal and musical development? Were you happier when you were younger or is it a different kind of happiness now because your perspectives have changed?

Correct, that's how I see it too.
Along with my studies corresponding to my age, I started working as a teenager, since I was thirteen, for quite a long time. Afterwards I worked for many years in a very cool hairdressing salon for quite a long time and I was able to start studying and developing the singing of Baroque and Sacred music, thanks to my bosses at that time.
Nowadays, with many years with my own salon, my perspectives changed as I changed my work system. At the moment I can enjoy it as it is. I feel happy to be able to enjoy it, and to be able to stay connected again with my training in music, in the studies, and to project my best current development.

You mentioned a trip to Friedrichshafen, how would you describe the country and its people compared to your country of origin?

(c) by the artist (Carlos Ucedda)
The country is tremendously beautiful, I have been traveling for about 16 and a half years, going back and forth to Germany. I have many experiences with the people of Germany. I have to say that they are certainly very punctual with respect to time and schedules, it has also always been said that they are distant, but I think that should not be generalized, not everyone is like this. 
Although at the first contact also out of respect for the other, they respect that space. On the other hand, I speak for the part that concerns me, I tend to be closer and I love contact, hugging, kissing on the cheek, which is something typical in my country from the first contact.

You recently released your album 'MYSTIQUE', which for me is a mix of songs that cover lyrical depth and a wide range of genres. What are your three favorites?

I feel immensely happy for "MYSTIQUE". They all have, as you said, an intensity and depth that encompasses feelings, experiences, and even pain in some and every one of the songs. So for me they are like layers of my own skin.

(c) by the artist (Carlos Ucedda)
Will 'Five Senses' be the prelude to a new album next year?

I consider it work in progress.

What current artist could you listen to non-stop right now?

I am constantly listening to music on a daily basis, I randomly alternate, I listen to a lot of music, especially at work, my business. Lately I've been listening to the group A-ha, Durán Durán, Jessie Ware, Goldfrapp, Shirley Bassey (Grande Dame of the voice), Baroque music (Castrati) and my beloved Lubena Nova 🫶.

And finally, what else can we expect from you this year?

Continuous work on new projects, continuous training and versatility.




NenesButler - Indie Music Blog

Video of the WEEK! - Havington - "Trace (Official Video)"

#WatchNOW: Club Divine - "Absolution"

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist