Skip to main content

Featured

Electro-Pop’s Poet of Pain: Me & Melancholy Releases ‘Tears In The Rain’

‘Tears In The Rain’  by  Me & Melancholy Whenever there’s a new release from Me & Melancholy , it fills us with anticipation. This time, the artist paints a compelling portrait of human vulnerability and the complexity of interpersonal relationships.  ‘Tears In The Rain’ succeeds in capturing the essence of ephemeral beauty and the pain of the inevitable, expressing it through music. The dynamics of estrangement, articulated in the lines ‘I’m not able to reach you ’ and ‘ the more I try, the further I push you away ’, reflect a tragic irony. It feels like a dance of approach and withdrawal, prompting listeners to contemplate the paradoxes that often occur in our most intimate relationships.  The artist’s signature melancholic tone conveys a plea for acceptance and an attempt to bridge the gap created by misunderstandings and hurt feelings. Musically, Peter Ehrling navigates familiar territory, once again leveraging it to his advantage by capturing the emotional depth.   ‘Tears

Q&A today: divine&acajou

divine&acajou
A few days ago we had divine&acajou with her great song "Viens" on our blog, today we are able to present her in a short interview. Read the Q&A and find something out about her inspiration, the story behind her song or what's next for her and of course listen to her song and watch the brand new video!



Q&A

divine&acajou is...?

... always doing too many things at a time and trying to make things happen for herself, and always learning!


Who inspired you to make music in general?

I've been doing music since age 5, so I don't remember what it was like in the beginning. Apparently, I saw a violin and told my mother "I want to do that!". Later on, I do remember being very much inspired by amazing singers such as Céline Dion when I was a child.


Your track "Viens" sounds fantastic, what's the story behind the song, what or who was your inspiration?

Thanks! "Viens" is a song that deals with desire and frustration, anger and forgiveness. It is a calling for a loved one but with the underlying assertion that one should not apologize for who she is. Underneath that statement, there is without a doubt some lack of self-confidence! 
She's trying to convince herself she is worth "it", and worth this person's time and love, and also that she is worthy of her own self-love, even if she's been rejected.


What is your creative process like and what's the most time intensive part for you?

I think that most songs I make slowly grow inside my mind and my guts, sometimes for days or months, until they are ready to come out. When I feel it's time, I like to start the song by using existing samples that I look for according to a certain set of keywords that pop into my mind, in order to quickly assemble some instruments. 
I don't like to linger on that part. Then I open the mic and whatever comes out comes out. I almost never write the lyrics before recording. I improvise. I then listen to the take and write down the lyrics, and record more takes if necessary. 
This is kind of the easy part. What is much more difficult and intense is working on a song with my arranger and trying to make the best version of it. It takes a lot of time and energy and I can't settle for less than what I had in mind !


What's your most useful talent besides music?

I'm very good at reading people's emotions. Also, I can ride horses and I have kind of a cheeky sense of humor.


What do you prefer, a live gig or a studio session?

At that point, I've been doing a lot of studio work for the past few months, so I would love to perform live!


Do you remember your first ever self-written song?

I remember the first attempts when I was 18 or 19 but I think I burnt every trace of it ! At that age, I had so little confidence I never would have dreamt of releasing a song one day, let alone an album! The first song I successfully wrote was during the first lockdown. I had both time and a studio, so I just tried and I did it!


What’s next for you?

I just released the clip for "Viens" and I am very excited to share it ! We made the clip with Wizatee and it was a lot of fun, and a lot of work! 
I'm currently working very hard on my second single which will be released during spring 2022 ! You can also expect an EP before the end of 2022 ! I can't wait to share all that !



NenesButler presents - Music Blog - Submit your Music 

Artists of the Week! - The Playlist